Menu NASA AZ Home Home Schedule Contact About

Go Back   NASA AZ > NASA Arizona Specific Driver Groups > Trial By Fire - US Drift

Old 01-18-2014, 11:26 AM
TT Co-Director; January 2009 Member of the Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB944 View Post
Yep, that was pretty cool! Always liked them at PIR. Was impressed with how well they played together when people started spinning out or going off track. I thought the sessions would be mostly cars getting pulled from the sand.
I was also impressed with how well they watched out for each other. It was a lot of fun having those guys out.

Eric Jacobsen
'The Enforcer"
Old 01-20-2014, 07:41 AM
Operations

Send a message via AIM to Vtecracer
I enjoyed looking along the main straight during the races and seeing a line of people watching our race. It was apparent the drifters brought a lot of people to spectate and possible new DE participants. It was nice to have spectators for the race groups.

I remember looking out right before our standing start thinking.. thats a lot of people, Don't break an axle now! HAHA

Team LATENITE MOTORSPORTS H2 Acura Integra #77

NASA 2012 AZ Region HC H2 Champion
NASA 2013 AZ Region HC H2 Champion
NASA 2014 AZ Region HC H2 Champion
Old 01-20-2014, 07:56 AM
Super Touring Series Director

I eavesdropped on their Briefing and Debriefing and was impressed with the thought and control they put into the operation.

Obviously they wanted it to be successful and fit-in with the overall event.

The point was stressed multiple times to not ruin the session for others or cause a problem that would delay the overall event timing (good reminder for all actually).

Tj
Cell: 602-628-2701
Old 01-20-2014, 05:23 PM
HPDE3 Group Leader

Send a message via AIM to IntegraLS
I overheard the same conversations and was very impressed with the attitudes of the organizers.

Thanks guys!

NSX #499
NSX #501
Integra #500

http://www.wedontlift.com
sales@wedontlift.com

Ravi aka 'the twig'
NASA jack of all trades lol
Old 01-22-2014, 08:38 AM
Trial By Fire Drift

awww thanks guys! much love.

We loved being out there and everyone had an awesome time even if it was a ton of cars on track.

I do like to beat up on my drivers in the meetings and drill safety/etiquette into them. Luckily they (mostly) paid attention and we didn't have any big hiccups.

Not bad for the first time back after many years. Cant wait to come back. Hoping we can fill up chuckwalla and get some sessions out there.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:48 AM
HPDE/TT Chief of Tech; Time Attack Director; Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil8ty View Post
awww thanks guys! much love.

We loved being out there and everyone had an awesome time even if it was a ton of cars on track.

I do like to beat up on my drivers in the meetings and drill safety/etiquette into them. Luckily they (mostly) paid attention and we didn't have any big hiccups.

Not bad for the first time back after many years. Cant wait to come back. Hoping we can fill up chuckwalla and get some sessions out there.
I've had about 6-7 tech questions from drifters in LA, so even if 1/2 of them show thats pretty cool!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:20 PM

Thank you so much to everyone that had a hand in letting us drift Chuckwalla. I literally had the most fun I've had in my entire life! This track was so amazing, and I know there's no way we would have gotten to drift it any other way.

I know we didn't quite hit the drift turnout you were hoping for but I know of at least 3 drivers (myself included) that ended up grip driving that otherwise wouldn't have been there. I would prefer to have drifting the second day so I could grip the track first to get to know it, but I completely understand that the second day is busier due to the "actual" racing...

This weekend has me really excited and hopeful about the possibility of drifting Inde. I'm also excited about starting to hit more HPDE to start learning better lines and pushing myself as a driver in general.

I'm not a social person, but the way the whole NASA group comes together like a huge family is totally amazing. I had almost as much fun off the track as I had on it. I look forward to becoming more involved.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:33 PM
NASA Arizona Regional Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericb382 View Post
Thank you so much to everyone that had a hand in letting us drift Chuckwalla. I literally had the most fun I've had in my entire life! This track was so amazing, and I know there's no way we would have gotten to drift it any other way.

I know we didn't quite hit the drift turnout you were hoping for but I know of at least 3 drivers (myself included) that ended up grip driving that otherwise wouldn't have been there. I would prefer to have drifting the second day so I could grip the track first to get to know it, but I completely understand that the second day is busier due to the "actual" racing...

This weekend has me really excited and hopeful about the possibility of drifting Inde. I'm also excited about starting to hit more HPDE to start learning better lines and pushing myself as a driver in general.

I'm not a social person, but the way the whole NASA group comes together like a huge family is totally amazing. I had almost as much fun off the track as I had on it. I look forward to becoming more involved.
Actually... There's fairly equal groups and racing on Sat vs Sun. I honestly picked "drifting" on Sat vs Sun because I (and I figured everyone else) would appreciate getting out of the middle of no where an hour earlier on Sun so they can all get home.

Join and Follow our social media accounts:
Official NASA AZ page on Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/NASAAZ

Official NASA AZ group on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/NASAAZ/

Official NASA AZ on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/NASA_AZ

Official NASA AZ on Instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/nasa_az/
Old 02-11-2014, 07:31 PM

Very true. It was nice getting out a little early. No matter how you guys set it up the opportunity is definitely appreciated. Thanks again!
Old 02-11-2014, 08:12 PM
HPDE3 Group Leader

Send a message via AIM to IntegraLS
The nasa shenannigans are legendary... More to come.... Wish i had time to watch the drifting this event

NSX #499
NSX #501
Integra #500

http://www.wedontlift.com
sales@wedontlift.com

Ravi aka 'the twig'
NASA jack of all trades lol