Menu NASA AZ Home Home Schedule Contact About

Go Back   NASA AZ > General > General Discussion > Travel Info

Old 01-25-2017, 04:11 PM

ISO Transportation to Chuckwalla, Feb 18/19 2017

After hearing some praise about Chuckwalla compared to our local tracks, I'm contemplating whether I should try to go or not.

The biggest downside is I don't have a tow vehicle or trailer yet, and I also don't have a very big track day budget for this year. My car would probably be fine making the trip, but I don't want to drive it out there and be stuck if something breaks or I somehow get into an accident on track (highly unlikely with this group and the caution I take at new tracks).

Anyone have room to haul another car, or is anyone willing to rent out their truck and/or trailer for the weekend (preferably enclosed trailer, or something with a rock guard)?

I know I could just rent a U-Haul truck and trailer, but their trailers aren't very low-car friendly... I had to make some minor modifications on the one I used to haul my car down here from ID and it took forever to get it on and off of there without damaging anything.