Menu NASA AZ Home Home Schedule Contact About

Go Back   NASA AZ > Classifieds & Vendor Marketplace > Classifieds > Want To Buy (WTB)

Old 01-21-2012, 10:39 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to spartantoeagle
WTB: 5 point Harness / Racing Seat

Need: Good enough for HPDE 4 and TA. At least the driver side, will take both.

- 5 Point Harness
- Racing Seat

I'm a bigger guy (6'2" 260lbs) so the racing seat I definatley want to try in person before any deal is made.

I putting my number up because sometimes I'm on the forums a lot, sometimes not. Ask for Josh (585)261-7963...better to text, teach during the week.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:08 AM
NASA Arizona Regional Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartantoeagle View Post
Need: Good enough for HPDE 4 and TA. At least the driver side, will take both.

- 5 Point Harness
- Racing Seat

I'm a bigger guy (6'2" 260lbs) so the racing seat I definatley want to try in person before any deal is made.

I putting my number up because sometimes I'm on the forums a lot, sometimes not. Ask for Josh (585)261-7963...better to text, teach during the week.
I think there is a little confusion on HPDE tech so just to be clear...

Once you change out a safety device, it needs to follow race group specs. The exception is harnesses where the CCRs state the region may allow for them to be expired. What we do can be very dangerous and I'm starting to crack down a bit harder on the safety equipment in cars once people venture away from stock. For example, I'm asking that my guys still allow TT cars to pass tech but not to give them an annual unless they have current belts (or perhaps expired by less than a year) but going forward I want current belts. For HPDE, I've told my tech guys to give a VERY small grace period but beyond that, I don't want belts that are expired more than 2 years. That's 4 years for SFI from the date punch or 2 years past the FIA expiration.

For seats, if you get a "race seat" it would need to be FIA rated less than 5 years or it will require a seat back brace.

Join and Follow our social media accounts:
Official NASA AZ page on Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/NASAAZ

Official NASA AZ group on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/NASAAZ/

Official NASA AZ on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/NASA_AZ

Official NASA AZ on Instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/nasa_az/
Old 01-21-2012, 04:59 PM
HPDE3 Group Leader

Send a message via AIM to IntegraLS
I enforced this pretty strictly this last event. Man did I get an ear-full!

Crashing in HPDE is just as bad as in TT / Race group!

Keep it safe!

Read the CCR's about harness requirements as that is what we will be using as guidelines in TECH! Not he said she said stuff!!

NSX #499
NSX #501
Integra #500

http://www.wedontlift.com
sales@wedontlift.com

Ravi aka 'the twig'
NASA jack of all trades lol
Old 01-22-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tage View Post

Once you change out a safety device, it needs to follow race group specs. The exception is harnesses where the CCRs state the region may allow for them to be expired. What we do can be very dangerous and I'm starting to crack down a bit harder on the safety equipment in cars once people venture away from stock. For example, I'm asking that my guys still allow TT cars to pass tech but not to give them an annual unless they have current belts (or perhaps expired by less than a year) but going forward I want current belts. For HPDE, I've told my tech guys to give a VERY small grace period but beyond that, I don't want belts that are expired more than 2 years. That's 4 years for SFI from the date punch or 2 years past the FIA expiration.

For seats, if you get a "race seat" it would need to be FIA rated less than 5 years or it will require a seat back brace.
Completely with you on that, just trying to decifer the CCR's. Visuals tend to do better with me, do you have any pics of examples. Specifically Cam Locks (to avoid them) and Mounting Points/Plates.

I have to list stuff out when I'm shopping for it or I'll go in circles. I sent Ravi this list of what I think it to be. Definately like your impute as well.

Racing Seats
- FIA x<5 years old
- Avoid Tube or Cloth design
- .090 Steel Mounting Plate
- Mount Plate to frame, cage, chassis

5 Point Harness
- FIA x<2 years old
- H Type shoulder straps
- x<20 degrees from horizontal shoulder straps
- Avoid Cam Lock
- Mounting plates to frame, chassis, cage
Old 01-22-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tage View Post

And my girlfriend was relieved at my recent focus on safety. I'm practicing exiting vehicle once I have the cockpit setup, should I take advantage of my T-Tops and run without them from now on. Or does that "expose" me to Open Car Rules? T-Tops off would allow my larger frame to exit faster. The handle is pretty easy to opperate, but that extra .5 seconds could be valuable.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:30 PM

I have a set of Gforce Pro 5 point belts, black, cert "not valid after 2013" so they have two years on them...$175 for the pair, a twofer... Came out of the boxster, my cars are set up for six points so really can't use them.

Tags
300zx, 5 point, hpde 4, racing seat, safety gear