Menu NASA AZ Home Home Schedule Contact About

Go Back   NASA AZ > Classifieds & Vendor Marketplace > Classifieds > Autos & Trailers For Sale

Old 01-01-2015, 03:57 PM

Featherlite Aluminum trailer with custom tire rack and storage boxes

2009 Featherlite all aluminum Model 3110, 17'6" bed, plus the length of the V-nose and tongue. Excellent condition. Some stone chips to V-nose powder coat. One owner. Custom tire rack and V-nose storage boxes. Electric jack with deep cycle battery and wiring.

The trailer currently has a SuperWinch 5000 mounted and wired in, but the winch is not included with the sale. To mount a winch all that is needed is another SuperWinch 5000, bolt it down and connect the wires.

GVWT (combined trailer weight and load) is 7000#. Trailer weight is 1400# per Featherlite (as I recall) and the tire rack/boxes add another estimated 200# so you can haul 5400#, more than enough for a street or race car and as much gear as you can pile on. All four wheels have electric brakes.

Both fenders easily remove in seconds for loading/unloading. Doors of even very low cars open over the tires for entry/exit once the fender is removed.

There are only two known issues with the trailer: the middle running light on the back of the trailer doesn't work and hasn't worked since the day I bought the trailer new. It's likely just a bad wire connection, but it is so unimportant that I haven't bothered to look into it.

The second issue is that the storage box under the tire rack isn't water tight. Some water gets into the box when it rains. I think I know why that is and how to fix it, but it hasn't been important enough to me to do it. If water gets into the box, it causes the inside of the tire rack tubes to rust (not visible because it's inside the tubes) and you'll get a small amount of rusty water that runs out of the bottom of the tire rack frame tubes on the right side of the tire rack. I haven't gone after the problem because it's more of an annoyance than a problem.

The storage boxes in the V-nose are completely water tight.

Another thing is that the trailing edge of the left side fender is crinkled a bit. I set it on the ground one day and promptly ran over it. I banged it out with a hammer and it is fully functional. You can see it in some of the pictures. Replacements are available from Featherlite if you are so inclined.

The trailer is outfitted with brackets for a load distributing hitch. The hitch and trailer brackets are available at extra cost. If they are not sold with the trailer, I'll remove the brackets from the trailer.

Trailer will be available the first or second week of February when my new trailer arrives.

Located in Phoenix, AZ.

$7,850 obo.

Here's a link to pictures. I wish I could embed the pictures in my post, but I can't make that happen. Sorry.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zzhkd5lmd...52munV_Ca?dl=0

Last edited by M3 driver; 03-15-2015 at 10:19 PM. Reason: New price
Old 01-04-2015, 09:45 PM
HPDE/TT Chief of Tech; Time Attack Director; Webmaster

Here's a gallery of all the images I created for you.

http://imgur.com/a/u7r3v

And images:

Old 01-04-2015, 09:51 PM

Thanks! That beats having to click on my link by a lot. I appreciate it.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:11 PM
HPDE/TT Chief of Tech; Time Attack Director; Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 driver View Post
Thanks! That beats having to click on my link by a lot. I appreciate it.
No problem at all .
Old 03-15-2015, 10:21 PM

New price. $7,850 OBO.

New price: $7,850 OBO.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:08 PM

Sold.

Tags
aluminum, hauler, open, trailer