PDA

View Full Version : Team Safety Driving School at AMP Dec. 15

nhamden
11-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Hi Everybody, we are having our last class of the year on Saturday, December 15. We start at 8:am and are done by 4:45pm. If you have friends or family, they get in for $99, contact me personally for registering them at that special price. All others pay $150.

As always, our mission is to train on what to do when a normal driving condition all of a sudden changes to and emergency driving condition.

Thank you for your support,

Norm and Susan

www.teamsafetydrivingschool.org

MFE
11-26-2012, 12:14 AM
As many NASA folks have seen firsthand, this is really a great program that produces stark improvements in its students. You see the changes that take place between 8 am and 4 pm of one single day, you consider the studies that show a really significant decrease in accidents, injuries and fatalities among graduates of programs like this, and you just know that justice won't prevail until all of the drivers we encounter on the road have been through similar training.

The reality is, most drivers haven't done any such thing.They're mostly vaguley aiming their cars with minimal understanding of what to do with SHTF, right up until they get in a preventable accident, and say "there was nothing I could do!"

And I'd argue that the ones who are getting short-changed the most are the young ones we turn out into the world with hardly any training required and hardly any given. The state won't do it, the local schools won't do it, and even the parents who take the responsibility seriously could often use some refreshers of their own.

So...let's all do our parts. As good as these programs are, as capable as the graduates are, as happy as their parents are with the program and its results and its value, word still needs to get out more. So with all that said, I strongly urge you to think of family, neighbors, co-workers and friends who have new or young drivers in the family. Tell them about this program. Sell them on it. It's a not-for-profit, the instructors and staff are passionate and capable volunteers, it costs less than a really nice dinner out, and it really might save a life someday.

/soapbox